Saturday, February 28, 2009

First Doctor's Appointment

Eric and I went to the doctor together yesterday morning to see if everything is ok with our Littlest Knauer (LK). There were some tests done and an ultrasound to make sure the heart was pumping and that the baby is inside the uterus. Everything was "perfect". That was the word Lucia Robinson, ARNP kept using. She asked us a lot of questions and answered a few. LK's heart was beating very quickly and strongly, it was "perfect". LK's right in the middle of the uterus, "perfect". The measurment of our large-cherry-sized LK showed that our estimated due date was correct. We're still due October 8th. They had to take 5 vials of my blood for various tests. Afterward, I was even more tired than I was before. When we got home I took a long rest on the couch. The ARNP said that the height of the tiredness are weeks 8 and 9. I hope that proves to be true. I'm tired of being tired. :)

It's wierd... I know that I'm pregnant, but seeing the little thing on the screen with its little heart beating was... hard to explain how it feels. For me it was like, "Oh no, there really is a baby in there! Did we really want to do this? Can we really handle two children? This is really happening. We wanted this, right? It's started and we can't stop it now."

Tristan is excited about it. Today he was feeling my belly and he said, "Our baby is very soft and sweet". He pretends that he's playing with the baby. He holds the imaginary baby and tells it about Thomas the Train and Bob the Builder. He tells me that when the baby is sitting on the couch with him, it says "waaaah!" and he tells it to "be quiet".

No comments: