Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dilated Rumors

Apparently, if you do anything out of the ordinary when it's close to your due date a big rumor will circulate that you've gone into labor. We went to a different KH on Sunday to hear a friend speak. When we got home, we had 2 phone calls and one text message asking if we'd had the baby. Then the next day people stopped by to see the baby. Very strange (not the rumor, the stopping by part).

Saturday night I did start having regular contractions around midnight, but they slowed down got further apart and essentially stopped by 9 AM. I had texted my mom at 5 AM to ask her to come over whenever she got up and ready. Apparently, she conveyed that to her roommate, Julie, who went to the meeting Sunday morning and told 2 or 3 people something about it which is what turned into the rumor that I'd gone into labor.

Eric and I went to my doctor's appointment late Monday afternoon. I was 3 cm dilated. I said to the doctor, "Oh, ok, a centimeter a week, at this rate he'll be born in 7 weeks!" She laughed and shook her head and said, "Nooooo." Then she said that she'd be on call Tuesday, "so tomorrow would be a good day to have him." And she also said that she thinks it will be sometime this week. Oh well. I'M NOT EVEN DUE TILL THURSDAY! Tristan was a week late... maybe my body just takes longer than "average" to build-a-baby. He'll come out eventually. If he does come out on our anniversary, that would be one less date for Eric to remember. (He gets Tristan's birthday and our anniversary mixed up a lot, and this date will be close by the other two).

In other news, Dorian can't move around as much now. He still moves as often, but I can tell he's cramped for space in there. His movements are not as powerful. I've been nauseous a lot. I didn't get that way at the end of my pregnancy with Tristan; I don't know what the difference is. I threw up my whole breakfast this morning. I've been tired a lot the last several days, doing a lot of napping and sitting around. I think that means I'm almost done.
pregnancy calendar

No comments: