Thursday, August 6, 2009

7 months down, 2 months to go!

pregnancy due dateWe've been busy around here! Sorry, no picture again this week, but I'm so late in updating for the week that it's almost time for next week's entry.

Dorian figured out how to crawl up into my rib cage and kick me so that it HURTS! It was happening consistently for a few days over the weekend, it kept me from sleeping Sunday night, but it hasn't been happening during this week. I was literally standing and pushing him down out of my ribs, then I'd lie down again and he'd work himself right back up there.

Tristan held my friend Roshae's baby today. He's 2 months old. (He holds him often). Today, though, he was holding him and kissing the top of his head, then he rocked him back and forth and sang "Rock-a-bye Baby" to him. It was very sweet. I read today that Preschool age children (like Tristan) are nurturing and helpful with a younger sibling, whereas toddlers are prone to be displaced and jealous. I think Tristan will do just fine.

The hospital where Dorian will be born offers a "Child-Friendly Tour" that we signed up for today. It allows 3-10 year olds to accompany you on the hospital tour. Our tour is in September, and will remind us where to park and check in and will let Tristan see where we will be, so that he can be mentally prepared.

No comments: