Monday, July 20, 2009

Moving Right Along

baby
The pregnancy ticker (above) has changed to a number of days countdown instead of a number of weeks countdown... crazy.

Tomorrow I have my 7th month doctor's appointment. They will give me the glucose test at this visit, so I have to drink that glucola stuff and get my blood drawn.

Things are progressing all around here:
1. We finished the electrical part of the cottage, and our inspection is tomorrow. We already insulated and drywalled everything in there that didn't have electrical running between the studs. So, if the inspection goes well, we should have the rest of that done this week. Hooray! We hadn't worked on it for about a month because we were waiting for the electrical to get finished.
2. Chrissy reserved a park for the baby shower and is coming up with games to play there and ways to provide shade. Our first several choices were booked, and we ended up with a park that has almost no shade. Hopefully by the end of August it will be a little cooler around here. Meanwhile, I've gathered 33 addresses for baby shower invitations and have 10 left to obtain. So, it will be a pretty big shower... I've estimated about 80 individuals invited.
3. Tristan and I went to Target and registered for the baby shower. I scanned the first item and then Tristan wanted to try the scanner out and I never got it back. He did a good job scanning all the items. He wanted me to register for more things so that he could scan more. And actually, he picked a few of the items out. He's especially hoping for the tube of bath toys which he told me that Dorian would be happy to share with him.
4. The belly is getting rounder and bigger. Most people that ask how far along I am now tell me that I'm small for that far along when they get the answer. I think that they just don't remember what I looked like before. My clothes sure know!

When I was giving Tristan a bath a few days ago, he said, "Look at my fat belly!" and he was rubbing his belly. I said, "Where, what fat belly? All I see is a belly, no fat belly." Tristan said, "Look I can make my belly go out and in," and he showed me, "but your belly just goes out and Daddy's belly just goes in. But MY belly can go out and in!" He cracks me up.

Well, I've finally gotten to that point where sleep is uncomfortable in just about any position a lot of nights. I'm hungry more often and have to pee a lot more often. It's getting harder to pick Tristan up. It's not to bad holding him if my mom or Eric hands him off to me, but the picking him up part is getting harder. The reality that in 2 1/2 months, we will have a new little baby in our house is starting to sink in a bit more every day.

3 comments:

Brenda and Jay said...

I am SO excited about the Target registration. :)
Will have to check out the selections.
We are working on a "fool proof" plan so we can be there for the baby shower.

Can Our Family? said...

Oh good, that must mean you're planning to have back-up caregivers for your caregiver's back-ups. :) I was actually thinking of you when I decided to register there. :)

Brenda and Jay said...

Yep or maybe even a care facility for a few days.