Friday, September 25, 2009

Contractual Contractions

At this week's doctor's appointment, nothing had changed. I didn't have any contractions between last week's appointment and this week's. My doctor predicted that she will see me next week at my scheduled appointment. I'm glad. I'm not ready for this baby to come out yet.

Yesterday, Tristan and my mom and I went for a walk that was supposed to be just around the block. Tristan decided that he wanted to go to Christian Green's house. So we went ahead and walked over there... no one was home. I was pretty much having a constant contraction for the whole walk, there and back. Then all night I was having contractions, not painful, just annoying because it's hard to sleep when your whole belly is a rock hard boulder. They've stopped now. Hooray!

We got approval from our electrical inspector today. We'll have the framing inspection on Monday. Then we'll be able to finish the inside! Woo-hoo! The only other thing hanging out there is the continuous footing that we have to pour. We're hoping to have a weekend work party sometime in October where all our friends that have volunteered to help can come and help us dig the trenches. (We might hire it out, but we haven't decided for sure yet).

I've packed my hospital bag, just to have it ready ahead of time. Eric has been working day and night trying to finish some big work projects before the baby comes. I filed my birth plan and DPA with my doctor and enrolled in the hospital's bloodless program in case of emergency. Dorian's car seat has been installed in our car. Tristan likes to pretend that baby Dorian is in it already and he talks to him while we drive around. At the meeting Tuesday night, he got upset halfway through the meeting because he forgot to get "baby Dorian" out of his car seat and bring him into the Hall with us. :) So, we're prepared just in case the baby comes before the due date, but we're hopeful that he waits until October 8th.

No comments: