Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Oven Timer Popped!

pregnant
Only 2 1/2 weeks left, and my oven timer has already popped! That's right, my innie bellybutton is now a-stickin' outie. Dorian had quite enough of the poor button and booted it out. =)

The doctor's appointments are every week now. This week there was 70% effacement and 1 loose cm dilation. So what does that mean? Not much. Some people have complete effacement and 4cm dilation for a couple weeks before the baby's born and others do it all in one day. So it tells us nothing about when Dorian might come out. But it does tell us that the contractions I've been having have been doing something. That makes me happy, since it's all got to happen before the boy can come out anyway.

Eric and Mom were both out of town most of this week. It took a lot of energy to be Tristan's only playmate and keep up with life during the week. I went to sleep at Tristan's bed time and woke up at Tristan's wake up time, and that seemed to help. Now neither of them is allowed to be more than 30 minutes away from me until the baby is born. =) I'll have to tell them that!

Here are some pictures of me halfway through the 9th month of pregnancy, taken just moments ago. The belly is BIG, so beware.

2 comments:

Brenda and Jay said...

Pretty in Pink, belly and all. We just got home from the Corvallis KH build. Jay talks there in 2 weeks. What a beautiful building. 6,000 plants in landscaping. It was nice to see and update on your blog when we turned on the computer.

Astorga's said...

You look beautiful! Such a short time left you must be getting excited! We are, I can hardly wait to meet little Dorian. I'll try not to call on your due date to see if you've had him yet. Hope to see a blog post or get a text when it does! Love You and I'm praying everything will go nice and easy for you.