Sunday, September 13, 2009

Living by the Moment

pregnancy calendar
Wow, look that baby's nose is almost touching the finish line!

This week we had our child-friendly hospital tour, and Tristan was not excited that we left the hospital with the baby still in my belly. In fact, he's been very impatient lately. Thursday, I said, "Tristan, put your hand right here and you can feel the baby move." He stood defiantly and said, "I don't want to feel him move. I want him to come out of the belly so I can see him." Then Friday he came running up to me while I was sitting on the couch and grabbed onto my belly and said, "Dorian, come out of the belly so I can see your cute little face!" And he has repeatedly asked me how much longer it's going to be. I was telling him 4 weeks so many times that when I said 3 1/2 weeks today, he said, "No, Mama, you're supposed to say '4 weeks Tristan'."

I rearranged the living room one last time since my last blog post. It's so nice. Eric and I set up the pack-n-play in the living room in front of the never-used fireplace. We put the baby chair and all the baby toys inside it and covered it with a green baby quilt of Tristan's. Then we hung a new green and white crocheted baby blanket that some one made for Dorian over the front of it. Then we put some other green blankets and monkey blankets into the changing table part on top. Tristan's toys got reorganized under the window in the corner. And the couch got pushed back up against the wall. So the living room feels big and uncluttered again. I know this means nothing to those of you who didn't see it before, but trust me, this is a vast improvement.

We got our building permit on Friday. Hopefully we can get the electrical and framing inspections done this week. My mom and I have been working on getting things ready for that out there all weekend. I probably looked pretty silly with my 9th month pregnant belly and my Skil saw out there cutting plywood shelves for Eric's closet. The baby didn't seem to mind the noise, but Tristan did!

Well, it's back to "How are you feeling?" questions all the time again. My new answer is, "... blah, blah, blah, at the moment, but it depends on when you ask me." Which is entirely true. For example, today, I felt GREAT when I woke up this morning. Then I did so much work today that I felt EXHAUSTED and pained in some muscles for a few hours after dinner. Then after sitting on the couch talking to my friend Chrissy for a couple hours after dinner. I was able to get up and transfer a sleeping Tristan into his bed and then all I felt was HUNGRY. So I ate, and now I feel GREAT again. But then there are days when I'm so full of baby and whatever else that I can hardly move. Tuesday night it was all I could do to go to the meeting and sit in a chair in a dress for 2 hours without whimpering. I tried to jet out of the door before anyone asked me how I was feeling. There are days when I sleep most of the day, and others when I hardly need any sleep even at night. It's weird. I really hope that I'm having a good, high energy day (like today) when I go into labor. And I hope it's during the day, and I hope there's no traffic. Maybe I'll get one of those 3 wishes. :)

1 comment:

Brenda and Jay said...

Hang in there Little Mama. You are almost there. We love all of you.